Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Another Year Has Come and Gone

A BIG "thank you" to all you who wished me a happy birthday last Friday. It was one of the better birthdays I've had, thanks to my sweet husband. I'll report on that later in this post but first, a late birthday shout-out to my rad older sister. She's four years and one week older than me. I was due on her birthday but must have wanted my own party because I waited 7 days for my big entrance. She named me and we've been best friends ever since (most days when we were young, and all days now that we're grown). Anyways she's the prettier, funnier and all-around cooler sister and I can't remember a day I didn't look up to her.

last year
I gave her this print called "Everything is OK When You are Near" from Studio Mela

And I made her this card

For my birthday, Jer took the day off and we went to breakfast with friends (yum, apple pancakes) and spent the day at the beach:



Do you like the above photo? It just might be for sale in my shop by the end of the week...stay tuned!

In the evening, Jer planned a rockin' bowling party with friends:

Did I mention the loot I raked-in? Lisa made me this incredible necklace, the likes of which may or may not be available for purchase soon...


Angie knocked book number 4 off my list and Jeremy shocked the pants off me by gifting me with the long-time longed-for MacBook. I can now look forward to working away the winter gloom in the cheerfully-painted, people-filled coffee shop downstairs instead of being chained to my desktop. Being 27 will be grand after all.

2 comments:

lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Carrie!

I am glad that you had such a wonderful day!

angie said...

thank you for the birthday love for me and the oh so undeserved compliments. didn't know you got a mac book, how cool!!! can't wait for your etsy stuff, i'll be shoppin!! i'd like some of your photos on postcards or notecards-which i know you mentioned you're gonna do. luv ya