Sunday, May 16, 2010

Here's where I get sappy


Went for a nice little walk this evening with my man, our girl and that rascally dog. Looking down at G in her stroller I had one of those moments. Those moments that come on unexpectedly but with surprising frequency. I saw her tiny feet in those pink flower shoes and I thought "how long I've waited to see tiny feet in pink flower shoes that come home with me." I felt that little joy of gratitude in my heart, pushed her home and tucked her in bed.

6 comments:

Sarita said...

I think that is beautifully sappy.

Also, while I was visiting family in Vegas I picked up a cute little lightweight pink trenchcoat 6-12 months...for a few bucks. I just had to buy it, even though I have no idea what I am having.

I was thinking it might fit Gemma, and match her adorable shoes.

Jenny G said...

You made tears come to my eyes. That Gemma is one lucky girl.

Ambam & Pants said...

I am all too familiar with sappy moments...I have a hard time distinguishing if they're actually called "hormones" though. Either way, I'll happily take them and the uncanny amount of tears that ensue.

John and Brittney said...

Love that sweet little girl and her crazy funny personality. Keep picturing her growling the other day and I can't stop laughing. She looks adorable in those pink shoes

Unknown said...

what a sweet little girl! And what a sweet post. Now I'm all misty-eyed...

Unknown said...

I remember when I used to feel that way. I hope you always keep those feelings! What a lucky and beautiful little girl. Love the shoes.